HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety, security, health and wellness of our staff, partners and customers is our priority at Johnny Shields Productions (JSP).
We work closely with the venue, our security vendors, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities, and public health officials/advisors to identify risks, assess them, and develop safety and security plans for each event. The policies and procedures on this page apply to every “participant” in any JSP event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates in the event in any way.
Every Event Participant Should Be Aware of the Following Procedures at Our Events:
- Security staff may approach you outside the event, at entry or inside the event in order to assist
- You are required to wear the event ID badges/credentials provided to you
- Security safeguarding measures and operational plans are in place at our events, including:
- Badge/ticket verification
- Physical screening/bag checks
- Monitored and recorded security surveillance/CCTV
- Uniformed and covert security guards
- Crowd management/stewards, signage and barriers, as necessary
- Security measures may include:
- Walkthrough or handheld scanners
- Uniformed and covert police
- Canine Security and Detection
Every Event Participant Is Requested To:
- Leave appropriate time to comply with entry requirements and remain patient and courteous while undertaking security checks
- Monitor your health in accordance with the health and safety acknowledgement
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended. JSP and the event are not responsible for lost or missing property.
- Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to a member of security or event staff
- Always carry a recognized form of photo ID
- Comply with all event policies, signage and the instructions of event staff. Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event
- Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow participants so that everyone can enjoy their time at the event
- On your final visit to the event, dispose of your badge inside the event or after you have returned home, not in bins immediately outside the event
Health & Wellness Information
As part of the Johnny Shields Productions commitment to health and wellness, we’ve implemented guidelines and requirements based on local, state and federal public health guidance, independent advisors and the input of our venue partners to help support a safe and comfortable experience. Every “participant” in any JSP event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates should review the details, requirements and links below to better understand what to expect at the event.
Daily Health Monitoring
All participants must review and confirm they are able to comply with the Health & Safety Acknowledgement below prior to arriving at the event. Anyone who is not feeling well or begins to experience symptoms at any time during the event should contact and follow the guidance of their physician.
Health & Safety Acknowledgement
Please be advised that risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including the event. Prior to registering for and attending the event, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending the event, you acknowledge this inherent risk on behalf of yourself and/or any Minor attending the event for which you serve as Guardian (collectively, “You”) and, as a condition of entering the event, You acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That You will abide by all terms of admission and participation (as may be updated from time to time) and event health-and-safety requirements, all local public health regulations and guidance from the relevant city and/or state, which are in effect at the time of entry, and, where applicable, provide proof of compliance with any event entry requirements;
- That You are not currently experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov; and
- That You are not currently infected with COVID-19, and that prior to attending the event, You have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without following CDC recommendations.
Please do not enter the event or the event venue if You cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during Your time at the event, You do not meet all of the above criteria, You may be asked to leave the venue at the sole discretion of event management.
Cleaning & Sanitization
Johnny Shields Productions has worked closely with our venue partners to ensure that cleaning and sanitization standards meet or exceed the recommendations of public health authorities. More information about the venue’s commitment to public health & safety is available on the venue website.
Medical & Emergency Services
Please contact event or venue staff or security in the event you require medical or emergency assistance. Medical services, including emergency medical technicians and a first aid room are available on-site.
In case of cardiac arrest, or other serious emergency such as a fire, dial the Asheville City Fire EMS at (828) 250-6630 or dial 911. Give your name, type of emergency and the exact location of the incident (be as specific as possible). Please see the venue website for more information on building rules, operational policies and emergency services.
Johnny Shields Productions is dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure fully accessible events for people with disabilities. We encourage you to contact the event team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs.
If you have any questions about accommodations or our ADA policies or would like to provide feedback and suggestions to improve your experience, please reach out to us. Our accessibility team will consider any request from a person with a disability for reasonable modification of our policies, practices, or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the services offered at the event. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
For more information about accessibility at Harrah’s Cherokee Center, including parking, entrances, mobility vehicles, service animals, a designated nursing mother space as well as family restrooms, please see the venue website or contact us at the email address provided above.