Beer City Comic Con wants everyone to enjoy showing off their super costumes! Keep in mind that these guidelines are for ALL attendees. Any violation of the following policies will result in expulsion from the event without refund.
When participating in photography:
- ALWAYS ask before taking a photograph of a cosplayer.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid blocking foot traffic between vendors.
- Do not block doorways.
Act responsibly with your props.
For more details, check our Anti-Harassment Policy.
BCCC is promoting an exciting and safe atmosphere for all ages. In order to maintain a family-friendly environment, we’ve established the guidelines below for general dress and cosplay. If your cosplay is deemed to be offensive to the casual con-goer, you will be asked to cover up or change clothes. Failure to comply will result in refused entry.
- We ask that you keep your costumes “PG-13.” It must cover, at minimum, as much as a standard bathing suit.
- Any clothing that promotes hateful ideology, graphic content, or strong language will not be allowed.
- Appropriate footwear is required at all times. If your costume calls for bare feet, you may wear flip-flops or flats. The soles of your feet should not come in contact with the floor. Skates, rollerblades, sneaker skates (e.g., Heelys), Moon Shoes, or similar footwear are not permitted.
- Body makeup that easily transfers to other people or the venue’s property cannot be worn. Properly seal and set all makeup before entering the venue. If your makeup does not comply, you will be asked to remove the makeup or be denied entry.
- Your costume should not shed. Leave that to the approved service animals! Do not bring in cosplay that involves loose materials (e.g., sand, glitter, confetti, flower petals).
All weapons must be inspected, approved, and tagged by security prior to being carried or displayed. If you are found to be in violation of this policy, you will be asked to leave. Ultimately, BCCC reserves the right to deny any weapons or props not deemed appropriate or safe.
The following props are NOT permitted at BCCC:
- Dart guns
- BB guns
- Real firearms
- Edged metal weapons
Artificial weapons are allowed (upon inspection by security) if they adhere to the following:
- They must have a distinguishable orange tip.
- The inability to mimic realistic movement and/or sound of a real weapon.
- They must not fire any type of solid, liquid, or gas.
- Any artificial weapons with moveable triggers are required to be “peace-bonded,” i.e., zip tied in place.
- Artificial bladed weapons must be made of non-metal, non-sharp material, and be less than 72 inches in length.
- Bows must be loosely strung and incapable of shooting arrows. Sharp pointed arrows are not allowed.
- Shields must demonstrate no sharp edges.
Costume Size & Construction
We welcome and encourage any costume that falls within the rules outlined above, but ask that you be aware of the following:
- You must be able to get through a standard sized door unaided.
- If your costume is over 6 feet wide, you must be accompanied by an experienced spotter at all times.
- Tails or trains must be maintained in busy areas to avoid becoming a trip or slip hazard.