Code of Conduct
Johnny Shields Productions strives to create and maintain an environment where all people are treated with dignity, decency, and respect and will not tolerate any harassment.
As such, we expect every “participant” in any Johnny Shields Production event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else who participates in any way, to behave appropriately throughout the year in accordance with this Code of Conduct.
Please be aware of and respect the personal boundaries of your fellow participants so that everyone can enjoy their time at the event.
Johnny Shields Productions has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for harassment of any kind, including, but not limited to:
- Offensive Verbal Comments
- Physical Assault and/or Battery
- Harassing or Non-consensual Photography or Recording
- Sustained Disruption of Presentations and Other Events
- Bathroom Policing
- Inappropriate Physical Contact
- Unwelcome Physical Attention
- Sexually Explicit, Suggestive and/or Provocative Behavior or Signage
- Hate Symbols
in relation to, but not limited to:
- National Origin
- Gender Identity
- Gender Presentation
- Sexual Orientation
- Marital Status
- Body size
If a person engages in behavior in violation of this Code of Conduct at any time, Johnny Shields Productions will take prompt action in any form deemed appropriate, including expulsion from the event with no refund. Our policy applies to EVERYONE participating in any Johnny Shields Production event. ALL participants are subject to this Code of Conduct.
Please note that anyone can report harassment to event staff/security at any time. If someone’s behavior has made you uncomfortable, or if you witness harassment happening to someone else, you should immediately contact event staff/security. If necessary, security or event staff will contact local law enforcement, provide escort, offer a safe place, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment.
Johnny Shields Productions event policies and procedures apply to every “participant” in any JSP event in any manner whatsoever, including, but not limited to, all exhibitors, attendees, speakers, guests, professionals, media, staff members, workers, contractors, vendors, security, or anyone else participating in any way. Each participant is solely responsible for their own conduct while participating in the event or any part of the event. Guardians are solely responsible for the conduct of any Minors Participating in the event or any part of the event.
By participating in the event in any way, each participant agrees and acknowledges to Johnny Shields Productions and its event partners (“management”) that they will not, and will not directly or indirectly cause others to, do any of the following “Prohibited Activities” in connection with the event:
- interfere with, damage, or engage in any act which disrupts the operation of the event in any way, including but not limited to, obstructing aisles or entrances or exits, running, cutting in line, saving places in lines for others, jumping over barriers or guardrails, using foul language, screaming, yelling, encouraging disruptive behavior from others, disobeying any time limits, directions or prohibitions provided to participant by management’s staff and/or moderators, or preventing any other participant from Participating in the event by any means;
- distribute, wear, transmit, upload, display or otherwise circulate any content which is inaccurate, unlawful, infringing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, harassing, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable to management in management’s sole discretion;
- distribute printed or recorded materials of any kind unless prior written approval has been obtained from management;
- impersonate any other person or entity or perform any similar fraudulent activities;
- sell goods or services, display goods or services, make solicitations of any kind, or conduct any commercial activities without the prior written approval of management;
- harvest, collect, or attempt to collect the personal information, email addresses or other contact information of other participants in the event without the consent of such participants;
- defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud other participants in the event.
- circumvent, disable, damage, remove or otherwise interfere with the security, integrity, or proper conduct of the event;
- access any unauthorized part of the event designated as only for management use;
- access any digital platform associated with the event by means of any robot, spider, scraper, crawler or other automated means for any purpose;
- participate in the event for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, data protection and privacy;
- smoke within the Venue for a live event, which includes, but is not limited to, cigarettes, vape pens, and marijuana;
- drink or possess alcohol within the venue outside of the specifically designated areas. No one under the age of 21 may consume alcohol within or around the venue;
- use, sell, possess, or distribute any illegal drugs or other illegal substances, including, but not limited to, any medication that has not been legally obtained, is not being used in its intended dosage or for its intended purpose;
- assault, steal, fight, engage in or incite violence of any kind, including, but not limited to, verbal threats of violence; and
- possess and/or use any of the following prohibited items in connection with the event:
- a firearm, ammunition, knife, or weapon of any kind
- objects or toys that appear to be firearms, ammunition, knives, or weapons
- self-defense or restraining devices
- fireworks or other explosive or flammable objects
- glass containers
- recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels
- strollers which are greater than 31” in width and 52” in length
- folding chairs
- selfie sticks
NOTE: Management has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for weapons of any kind. Event security and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun.